Begin with a thorough inspection of your home and a list of the work that needs to be done. Don't put off some of the repairs as water damage or a serious breakage could result in costly unwanted expenses, especially if your home insurance does not cover this type of damage.
The Roof that Protects you
As soon as the weather permits and the ice has melted, inspect the following items:
- Shingles or sheet metal. If they are damaged, have them replaced.
- Check the overall structure. If it shows signs of weakness, do not hesitate to have it repaired quickly.
- Check the condition of your chimney. The seals should be redone first.
Doors and Windows that Light Up your Home
Pay special attention to the seals. If they seem to be deteriorated, changing them will prevent the cold from entering. On the other hand, if it is the thermos or the frames that seem worn out, you should have your doors and windows replaced. This is a completely normal step for a construction that is more than 20 years old.
The Foundation that Supports you
Take a close look at your home's foundation. What you should look for: cracks. If there are none, you can rest easy. If there are, hurry up and remedy the situation. The longer the cracks are and the deeper they go into the ground, the more you need to worry.
Home Insurance: Essential for Homeowners
Your home is not only your home, it also contains your most precious belongings. Protect them at their true value with customized home insurance by Lussier. Theft, fire, water damage, civil liability... we think of everything to avoid unpleasant surprises in the event of a claim:
- Protections adapted to your needs and budget.
- Multi-product discounts and complimentary protections.
- Optional benefits and special programs.
- Experienced brokers that provide complete support.
With these few guidelines, we hope to have helped you and protected you from potential damage, because your well-being and safety are important to us.