"Nevertheless, the loss of equipment to fire at this time is a real concern. Hydraulic machines are working at full capacity 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. Although in many cases, the machinery is new, it becomes more difficult to maintain during the winter months. As a result, the equipment catches fire and is a total loss. We're talking about damages that can reach $500,000 to $600,000 and sometimes more," explains Marlene Riverin, Underwriter - Risk Management at Lussier and specialist in the sector.
She reiterates the importance for forestry companies to be adequately protected in terms of insurance needs and risk management, among others.
Present on the Field
With branches in Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean, Chibougamau, the Upper Laurentians and the Gaspé Peninsula, Lussier understands your reality because its team has been working in the heart of the various forestry areas for over 25 years. "Our strength lies in our consulting services. We know our customers well and we visit them regularly. This allows us to present them with an offer adapted to their needs," says Ms. Riverin.
Experience a personalized program that is one of the most comprehensive on the market:
- All risk coverage, with the possibility of including bogging down.
- Tools are covered at replacement cost with no year limitations.
- Different limits for loss of use coverage on equipment rentals.
- Civil liability coverage includes the following additional benefits:
- $500,000 for firefighting costs;
- $50,000 for sudden and accidental pollution.
Preventing losses, reducing their impact and transferring the negative financial consequences that these risks entail. Lussier ensures the viability of your business by allowing you to:
- Clearly define your needs.
- Save time, revenue, property and people.
- Protect your company's reputation.
Civil Liability, Who is Responsible?
Did you know? By law, your company may be liable for injuries or property damage caused to others by your activities or on your premises. Protect yourself with general liability insurance. Lussier, a leader in insurance and financial products, can help you with this responsibility:
- Brokers who ask the right questions.
- Coverage tailored to your business.
- The best partners for the best protection.
- Competitive pricing.
Lussier Helps Protect your Commercial Property
Business property insurance puts you back on your feet in case of fire, breakage or theft. Because you have worked hard to acquire your specialized equipment, protect it and ensure the continuity of your activities:
- Coverage of the assets that are essential to your operation.
- Advantageous prices through our network of insurers.
- Personalized service, from quote to claim.
Log Haulers: Drive Safely
Lussier offers transporters a personalized protection designed by specialists in this sector. This product is exclusive to Lussier and cannot be offered by any other broker:
- Loss of income/truck rental.
- Competitive rates.
- Premium spread over 12 months.
- Deductible per event.
Occupational Health and Safety, Investing in your Company's Health
Absences related to a work accident can have multiple impacts on the operation of your business. Protect yourself with Lussier's consulting, interim management or outsourcing services:
- Prevention mutual.
- Workplace accident prevention, training and compliance audit.
- Health and safety policies.
As fire is not the only thing that can damage your industry, don't hesitate to ask your broker how to best protect your human and financial assets.